What is a Metal Roof?
A metal roof is one of the most important things you can do for your house. The advantages of a metal roof over a shingled roof are endless. We consider a class 4 metal roof a true permanent roof for your home or business. They can be installed over the entire house, or be used as accents. Metal roofs can be used in high-pitch installations to easily shed snow, and this is why you’ll see them often in the mountain ski towns.
Types of Metal Roofing
- Standing Seam Roof Panels
- Concealed Fastening Roof Systems
- Exposed Fastening Roof Panels
- Curved Roof Systems
- Insulated Roof Panels
It is important that your roofing contractor is trained and certified in these various types of metal roof installations. Rest assured that Go 2 Prime Roofing is your go to installer for metal roofs in Colorado.
Benefits of Metal Roofing
- Metal Roofing Lasts A Long Time. Metal roofs can last 40-70 years, and many come with warranties from 30-50 years. Metal roofs can last two to three times longer than an asphalt roof.
- Wind Resistance. A properly installed metal roofs can easily sustan category 4 hurricane force winds.
- Metal Roofing Is Lightweight. Most homes won’t need additional structural support to install a metal roof.
- A Metal Roof Installs Fast. In most situations, a qualified metal roof installer like Prime Roofing can install this type of roofing system very efficiently.
- Metal Roofing Doesn’t Catch Fire. Wild fires and lightning will not ingnite a metal roof.
- Energy efficient. Metal Roofs reflect the suns UV & Infrared light rays that contribute to a roof surface radiant heat, resulting in a 10-25% reduction in cooling costs.
Metal roofs offer many benefits, but they aren’t always right for every situation.